There’s no need to formalise sigil casting, but if you’re no longer passionate about scribbling out letters and then masturbating while staring at a sigil on your forehead in a mirror, then consider the ten sepherothic steps laid out below.
This process maps adds a level of QBL mystique to the crafting of magick sigils, and could be the shot in the arm your rites need.
While some chaotes may balk at any ‘system’ that isn’t ‘intention, experience, result’ perhaps some chaotes recognise the need to mix things up every so often, and adopt larger systems and be-lie-fs. I make it a habit to believe six impossible things afore breakfast, moving to dispelland then prove them for lunch and dinner respectively.
1) Desire - Kether; creation; the spark!
Be moved by ætheric fire, the very seed that inspires you to perform magick.
2) Decide - Chockmah; the initial swirlings, moving from uncertain to certain.
The statement of intent should be formulated and written down aright.
3) Design - Binah; the form and commitment to the magickal act.
The sigil should be designed and re-designed as part of your Art.
4) Forget - Chesod; expansion, but it’s early days.
The intent, the statement and the very purpose of the magick should be forgotten. Ideally the sigil design can be put away for a number of days. Adepts may wish to forget the intent by an act of will, or at least move into a ‘neither-neither’ no-desire state (as per AOS).
5) Memorise - Gebura; contraction, meeting the challenge.
The sigil’s total valencies should be committed to memory. Walk the sigilscape.
6) Charge - Tiphereth; balance, no time to rest.
With all the power of the Sun and Death, empower the sigil as you would aright.
7) Fire - Netzach; cycles of energy and focus.
Shoot the sigil deep into your subconscious with great intensity, gnosis and experience. Launch it to the chaosphere.
8) Laugh - Hod; things coming together.
Laugh. Oh you don’t do this? OK - choose not to have an experience, fine.
9) NoWait - Yesod; foundation, the end is in sight so don’t look!
this is not about ‘not waiting’ as that is absurd; this is about knowing that everything is in motion and you’re committed to the end results, and so there’s no sense in spending any neural GHz on reviewing your work or desire.
10) Result - Malkuth; completion, reality.
Enjoy /endure the manifestation.
When I enable answers on a post, remember if you ask a question in return there’s no way for me to respond. You’re welcome to ask me a question via tumblr.